Monday, February 26, 2007

We Were Soldiers

"We Were Soldiers" is probably one of the most heart-string pulling military movies I've ever watched. One of the reasons I like it is because it shows the interactions with the families. It's also one movie I can not watch if Ryan's gone because of how they display it. It is a very, very good movie. Well, I was browsing CNN today and found this article about the man who's story is portrayed in the film. He was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor today. One thing to note, is that this was a rare occasion of honoring someone with this award while they were still alive. I'm glad to see this, and for someone who's story has touched me so greatly.

From the article:

More than 40 years after Crandall repeatedly risked his life to rescue American soldiers fighting one of the toughest battles of the Vietnam War, the U.S. military officially recognized his heroism Monday, when he was awarded the Medal of Honor, the nation's highest award for military valor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home