Friday, November 25, 2005

Sheehan and her protests

Here is the latest thing with her: CNN article

I understand that she is sad that her son died. But this woman basically threw away her marriage and the rest of her children to start this protest. I wish the media would stop giving her attention. She swears she is doing what her son would want? Well, I have to wonder if she had any problem with her son enlisting. Cause when you enlist, if you don't realize that going to war is a possibility, then you need to re-think your enlistment. I seriously believe she is dishonoring her son's memory, let alone the memory of all the other fallen soldiers. I also seriously despise how she is using soldiers names without getting their families consent. There was one father that had to pull up a cross with his son's name three times from Sheehan's Crawford protest in August. This woman really just bothers me.

My husband doesn't have a front line job by any means of the imagination. He is a missile technician on Trident submarines for the Navy. He is literally the last one called, and is basically paid to NOT do his job. But I know, if the time comes he, he will do his job. I know if something were to happen on the boat, he'd do everything he could to save as many of the crew as possible. I know if he had to go to the sandbox for some reason, he would. It's his job. It's what he signed up for. I also knew if I did even one shred of what Sheehan is doing, he'd haunt me from the grave.

Just a small rant. So tired of seeing this woman on the news..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home