Monday, January 30, 2006

Shreveport Submarine Search

Now, being born a raised in Shreveport, LA., I thought the only military talk would be about the B-52's that are at Barksdale AFB across the river in Bossier. Never, would I have imagined that there would be a submarine search going on there, but apparently there will be. Seems that Civil War Submarines might be somewhere in the Red River or Cross Bayou. Now, this is totally neat being married to a submariner. *grin*

Link to the Shreveport Times article which I found on the Sub Report. Another interesting part of this all is that it will be backed by NUMA, the National Underwater and Marine Agency, which is Clive Cussler's non-profit organization. After being married to Ryan, I've grown to love Clive Cussler's Dirk Pitt novels.

Apparently NUMA was in Shreveport back in 1999. I most likely didn't even realize or know due to me rarely watching the news when I lived back home, as well as knowing nothing about submarines other than they looked terrifying. It would be rather neat if one of the submarines was to be discovered there. Pretty neat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home